In addition to the usual round pipes, the industry produces square pipes, and BS EN 10255, for which the field of application is different. It is difficult to imagine a water supply system that is assembled from square pipes. However, in some areas they have no equal, there is no substitute.
Making BS EN 10255 pipes
First, a roll of sheet steel is rolled out, and then cut into strips longitudinally. After that, the strip is cut into narrow strips, which are immediately welded together, forming an endless tape wound on a storage drum.
After that, the tape is fed to the rollers, which form the work piece, bending it into a BS EN 10255, the seam of which is still open. This is followed by welding the seam. But this can only be done square pipes small wall thickness, but if the walls are thick, then such products came from a round billet bar.
Finished products can be:
- Measured length;
- Multiple gauge length;
- Unmeasured length.
Physical characteristics of BS EN 10255
The entire assortment of these pipes differs from round pipes. Square pipes withstand much less internal pressure than round pipes, and for this reason they are not BS EN to transport liquids or gases. Moreover, the design of such pipes has four stiffening ribs at once, which makes these pipes ideal elements in load-bearing structures.
It is impossible to bend the ruler along the narrow side, this is a stiffener, very strong, just as BS EN 10255 pipes do not bend, and they give the frame maximum strength. If round pipes bend easily, then their square counterparts can withstand enormous loads. These products come of steel, while extremely rarely - from alloy.
Areas of use for BS EN 10255
Such products are BS EN for the manufacture of supporting structures, since they are practically not subject to bending due to 4 stiffening ribs. At the same time, having high strength, they do not have too much mass, since they are hollow from the inside. Wherever there is a high torque, that is, a large bending load, square pipes are BS EN.
BS EN pipes today are a very popular type of product BS EN in almost all areas as new pipes. Consider the main types of boo pipes. The classification of BS EN 10255 pipes includes many sections, but we will consider the most basic ones.
BS EN 10255 pipe reconditioned
These are pipes that have undergone restoration in sandblasting machines and have undergone heat treatment. I often use such pipes for sewage.
This type of pipe is BS EN wherever new pipes are BS EN, its main advantage is its favorable price.
BS EN pipe BS EN for oil products
It is BS EN most often in construction. When pouring concrete, it is common as a shell.
BS EN pipes from under the water supply and gas pipeline
Quite common view boo pipes BS EN in technical water supply systems, drainage systems and land reclamation.
BS EN tubing pipe
It's smooth seamless pipesoften common in gas and oil wells.
Methods for the restoration and processing of BS EN 10255 pipes
- Heat treatment;
- Scale and corrosion removal works;
- Cleaning from external insulation;
- Insulation on the BS EN 10255;
- Removal of biological and mineral deposits.
Differences in BS EN pipes by type of seam:
- Spiral seam
- Straight seam
Inspection of cast iron BS EN 10255 pipes:
- The outside of the pipe must not have dents, bumps or stains; it should be flat
- There should be no cracks on the pipe surface. In the future, any cracks can lead to leaks
- If you look at the cut of the pipe, then it should have a homogeneous and fine-grained structure
- To be completely sure that the BS EN 10255is of the appropriate quality
- knock on it in different places, the sound should be the same everywhere
Types of Cast iron BS EN 10255 pipes
1. Cast iron pipes with a socket joint –
When connecting, a gasket is common, it goes into the pipe, after which the end of the pipe and the gasket lubricates with a special gel (which does not dissolve in water), and then the pipe is forcefully goes into the socket.
2. Socket less cast iron pipes –
It is a coupling is common to connect these pipes, the coupling comes with a clamp (using bolts), there is a limited stop on the inside of the coupling, which ensures the tightness of the joint.
The areas of application of BS EN 10255 pipes are very diverse:
- Water pipes
- Sewer pipes
- Heating pipes
- Pipes common in highways for the transportation of chemicals and petroleum products
BS EN 10255 pipe laying
It is necessary to carry out the laying of BS EN 10255 pipes with care so as not to damage the integrity of the pipe during installation. When installing pipes in apartment buildings, the length of the pipes allows for each floor, to install only one section, which will reduce the possibility of leakage.
Connecting parts that are common when installing cast iron pipes:
- Fittings- for branching pipes, or connecting several drains into one;
- Knees- with different angles of inclination;
- Backstage- common in the reconstruction of pipes;
- Stepped elbows- provide deviations from the axis (75-150 mm);
- Drain plugs- with their help, penetration into the pipe and its cleaning is carried out.
Types of installation of BS EN 10255 pipes
For BS EN 10255 type of installation, metal clamps are common. They are necessary for fixing the pipe to the wall; usually they are attached under the socket, at an even distance from each other.
In this case, hanging hooks, iron brackets or brackets are common to fasten the pipes. The choice of fasteners depends on the thickness and diameter of the BS EN. When choosing cast iron pipes, you should pay attention to Pam-Global pipes.
What not to do when installing BS EN 10255 pipes?
- Do not cut cast iron pipes with a gas burner
- Do not weld cast iron pipes
- Processing cast iron pipes is also prohibited
- To cut cast iron pipes, you must use a special device or a hacksaw for metal
--- END ---