Purpose and scope of Structural Carbon Steel Pipe
The Structural Carbon Steel Pipe is in demand in various industries, in agriculture and in everyday life. In this article we will tell you about its varieties, features and applications.
How to make a Structural Carbon Steel Pipe?
According to the manufacturing method, such rolled metal is divided into two types:
It is produced by rolling ingots (slabs) heated to a temperature of +450 ° C through a system of rotating rolls. The resulting rolled product has a clear geometry, high strength, resistance to bending loads and torsion.
It comes by processing sheet metal on roll-forming machines. It has a characteristic curvature at the bend point. The resulting rolled steel is inferior in strength to hot rolled, therefore it is not common for the manufacture of load-bearing metal structures and Structural Carbon Steel Pipe.
What Structural Carbon Steel Pipe products manufacturers can offer to buyers
In addition to the manufacturing method, several more features are easy to distinguish according to which the steel corner is easy to divide into several varieties:
- Depending on the type of cross-section, equal and unequal angles.
- For the first, the width of the shelves is equal, for the second, one shelf is wider than the other.
- In terms of manufacturing accuracy and surface quality, rolled products of normal, increased and high precision are distinguished.
- Moreover, in this case, the corners differ in the value of the permissible maximum deviations from the nominal dimensions.
- In absolute terms, it can vary from 3 to 12 m.
What steels is the Structural Carbon Steel Pipe made of?
The most popular material for the manufacture of Structural Carbon Steel Pipe products are ordinary quality carbon steels: St3ps, St3sp, St4kp and others. Another popular option is low-alloy steels: 09G2S and others.
What regulatory documents should steel corners comply with?
Steel corners appear in accordance with the requirements of several regulatory documents:
- hot-rolled unequal flanges
- hot-rolled equal flanges -
- cold rolled unequal flanges -
- cold-rolled equal flanges -
What geometric dimensions can Structural Carbon Steel Pipe have?
The main parameters of steel corners are the width and thickness of the shelves:
- For hot rolled unequal flanges, these dimensions can vary within the following limits:
- the width of the smaller shelf is 16–125 mm;
- the width of the larger shelf is 25–200 mm;
- the thickness of the shelves is 3–16 mm.
- For hot rolled equal flanges, the main dimensions can vary within the following limits:
- shelf width - 20–250 mm;
- the thickness of the shelves is 3–35 mm.
- For cold-rolled unequal Carbon Steel Pipe, the main dimensions can take the following values:
- Generally, the width of the smaller shelf is 25–140 mm;
- the width of the larger shelf is 32–180 mm;
- Moreover, the thickness of the shelves is 2–6 mm.
- For cold rolled equal flanges, these dimensions can vary within the following limits:
- shelf width - 36–160 mm;
- Similarly, the thickness of the shelves is 3–6 mm
What are the advantages of a Structural Carbon Steel Pipe?
The following advantages of a Structural Carbon Steel Pipe can be distinguished:
- low specific gravity;
- In addition, varied assortment;
- long service life;
- Furthermore, high strength and wear resistance;
- ease of processing and good walkability
Where is the Structural Carbon Steel Pipe common?
Such rolled metal products are in high demand. Moreover, it is common for the following purposes:
- to strengthen window and door openings, as well as the manufacture of curved arched structures
- for the manufacture of furniture
- In addition, for performing electrical work as a basis for fixing cables and equipment
- for the manufacture of cars, railway cars and large-sized equipment
- Basically, it is good for the construction of fences, fences, greenhouses, greenhouses, gazebos, gates, etc
- for the manufacture of public transport stops, trade pavilions, billboards and other structures
- for interior decoration, Structural Steel Pipe are also common
- Moreover, for the construction of indoor and outdoor stairs
- for the manufacture of industrial shelving, cabinets, workbenches, stands and other industrial equipment
- Similarly, for the construction of high-voltage transmission line supports or pipeline supports
- for the manufacture of spans, floors and other load-bearing metal structures
- for the construction of frame structures: residential buildings, office and complexes
- Moreover, for the manufacture of sea and river vessels, berths, pontoons and oil platforms
Manufacturing technique for Structural Carbon Steel Pipe
In addition to the strip shape, strip and tape have the same manufacturing method. The production of Structural Carbon Pipe consists of steps such as:
Ø Processing of work pieces
Rolled metal is hardened, degreased and pressed to give the characteristics necessary for production. As a result of hardening, the strength and wear resistance of the future product increase. Degreasing is necessary for possible painting in order to increase the adhesion of the coloring matter. Pressing allows you to give the work piece its final shape.
Ø Zinc plating
This treatment prevents oxidation and significantly extends the life of the Structural Carbon Steel Pipe.
Ø Coiling of blanks
The processed metal sheets are wound in rolls (coils). Then they move to the cutting site.
Ø Unwinding of work pieces
The web is placed on unwander, which automatically straightens it. After that, the work piece enters the cutting area.
First, the metal sheet cut longitudinally into strips of the desired thickness. Then the guillotine cuts them across to the desired length.
Ø Rewinding the end product
The resulting metal lines twist by means of a device into new rolls. The strip remains straight due to its great thickness.
This technology allows each time to cut the required amount of Structural Carbon Steel Pipe of the required length and width. Therefore, it is not difficult for manufacturers to adapt to the needs of the customer.
--- END ---